So here goes, in no particular order…
- 300 – Some people didn’t like this one. Personally, I think it should be required viewing for any guy to get his “Man Card.”
- 3:10 to Yuma – If I had to pick one movie for Best of the Year, this would be it. This is a must see for everyone who loves movies. It’s perfect.
- No Country for Old Men – Think Fargo set in Texas. Tommy Lee Jones will probably win the Oscar for his work here. The movie itself could win, too.
- Zodiac – This was a creepy movie about a serial killer in California. Well acted and extremely well paced for a movie that covers several years.
- Grindhouse – Obviously these two had to make the list. Go watch both of them. Now.
- Wild Hogs – Imagine two hours of jokes about the biker in the Village People. This one’s worse.
- Blades of Glory – I like Will Farrell, I really do. I just don’t like him in any movie where he’s the main star. This was better than Anchorman, but that’s not saying much.
- Bridge to Terabithia – Some of you who saw this will assume I’m a cold-hearted bastard for listing this one. I can handle that. But the movie still sucked.
- The Invisible – Worst.Ending.Ever.
- Ghost Rider – You know that prank where you set a bag of poo on fire and leave it on your enemy’s doorstep? This is like that, but the bag of poo is in your DVD player.
- TIE: Spider-Man 3 / Transformers – Two movies I had such high hopes for, dashed upon the cold, rocky coast of mediocrity.
Still left to see:
There are still many movies I’m waiting to see. Hopefully they’ll be included in the Best and not my Worst list. They are…
I Am Legend, The Bourne Ultimatum, Ratatouille, Superbad, The Kingdom, Stardust, Charlie Wilson’s War, Sweeny Todd, Juno, Across the Universe, and The Kite Runner.
I hope everyone has a great 2008 (Note to self: Trademark “Two-thousand Great”)!